|Artist:||Night Riots||Added:||Jun 2014|
|Add Date:||2014-06-13||Pull Date:||2014-08-15|
|Week Ending:||Jun 15|
|1.||Jun 19, 2014:||Cashews, Pistachios,
Back To Your Love
|3.||Jun 14, 2014:||Saturday Mix
|2.||Jun 14, 2014:||Meow
|4.||Jun 13, 2014:||Time Traveler
Night Riots is an alternative rock band with electro-pop-rock tendencies. Formerly known as PK, the San Luis Obispo-based band was featured as one of the top unsigned bands in the country in something called “The Most Critically Overlooked Artists of 2012,” sponsored by Rolling Stone and MTV. Night Riots used crowd funding to release the “Young Lore” EP. Sounds like the Killers or Brandon Flowers’ solo work in places.
Recommended: 6, 1, 3. No FCCs.
1. (3:15) Back to your Love – 80s vibe. Mellow floating synth background with a crisp beat. High-register male lead vocals. Busy synth keys in lead break. ****
2. (3:01) Remedy – Driven, clock-like synth beat with solid drum track overlaid. Layered synths. Vocals reminiscent of Brandon Flowers. ***
3. (4:24) Spiders – Sustained synth chords under. Syncopated, march-like rhythm. Lead vocals that soar in the choruses, with nice backing vocals. More synth layers are added over time.
4. (3:48) Masks – Ominous synth roar opens. Simple drum track added. Vocals are spare in the verses, but they soar in the choruses. “Does Holy water make you pure of heart?” Lead break chants “Change your ways.”
5. (4:06) Loyal Blood – High-energy gallop takes off with jangly guitar, rapid-fire synth bass, solid drum track, and strong vocals.
6. (4:18) Young Lore – Dynamic, layered mix includes soft hesitant piano, repeated series of rapid synth bass and soulful backing vocals. Lead vocals and tom-tom drums are added. Then, weaves in additional synth layers and full drums over time. Excellent! ****
|1.||Back To Your Love||4.||Masks|